CARBON APPLICATIONS-AIR AND GAS TREATMENT
REMOVAL OF VOLATILE ORGANIC COMPOUNDS (VOCs)
Thanks to physical adsorption, activated carbon is capable of retaining VOCs. ChiemiVall can supply the most suitable product for each type of contaminant and we can advise you about the filter design.
Below is a list of the possible industrial applications:
- Siloxane retention
- Solvent recovery
- Paint booth emission control
- Smell control in cooker hoods
- Dioxin and furan removal in RSU and incinerators
- Ventilation of hydrocarbon storage tanks
- Acetylene retention in warehouses used for storing fruit and the transport of fruit
- Air compressors
PURIFICATION OF INORGANIC GASES
In industrial inorganic gas emissions, ChiemiVall supplies the appropriate activated carbon for each case.
This process is based on chemisorption, where thanks to the impregnated, large, internal surface area of activated carbon we manage to remove said contaminant.
Depending on the type of contaminant we can offer impregnated and/or catalytic carbon.
Below are some examples of gas purification:
- Removal of H2S in biogas plants and mud pits
- Removal of NH3 and amines
- Removal of mercury vapour
- Removal of acid vapours (lactic, acetic, muriatic acid, etc.)